Anyone else love a weekend cooking programme? It’s my guilty pleasure. I saw the Bosh bros making these Wild West wings (basically a Vegan KFC) and then couldn’t stop thinking about them so we tried them tonight.
I simplified the ingredients a bit to what we had in the cupboard which I’ve shared below but you can get the original recipe over here. If you are reducing your meat intake but miss the KFC flavour, you need this in your life!
We bought vegan sour cream and yoghurt from our local Hanks Deli (which also sell on line) but you can also make the sour cream using 100 coconut yoghurt (Sainburys is fab for that) and 100ml almond milk with a squeeze of lemon.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Wild West Wings (Bosh)
- 125 g Oyster mushrooms
- 250 g Sour Cream (vegan if preferred)
- 1 tbsp Schwartz Paprika and onion seasoning
- 175 g Plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Yoghurt (vegan if preferred)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Mix the mushrooms with the sour cream and a pinch of salt. Leave for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile make your flavouring and dip. Mix the flour and seasoning well and set aside
- Mix the yoghurt and chopped chives and set asid as your dipping sauce
- Heat the veegtable oil in a pan. When hot sprinkle a little of the flour mixture in. If it sizzles, it is ready. Coat each mushroom individually in the flour mixture and add straight to the hot oil
- Turn over after 1 minute. Remove from the pan after 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper (this is important or the mushrooms soak the oil
- Enjoy served with the chive dip and salad
View this post on Instagram
Anyone else love a weekend cooking programme? It's my guilty pleasure. I saw some chefs making these Wild West wings (basically a vegan KFC) and then couldn't stop thinking about them so we tried them tonight. OH WOW!!! I simplified the ingredients a bit to what we had in the cupboard but have shared that and a link to the Bosh bros original recipe on my blog in a few mins. If you are reducing your meat intake but miss the KFC flavour, you need this in your life! www.julesparker.co.uk